cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Excel VBO: Copy and Paste Worksheet Range Issue

AlfredTang
Level 3
Hi all,

I have a process running "MS Excel VBO: Copy and Paste Worksheet Range" several time per run. copy paste 2x times a day and the process have run for 100days, so total 2000 times of "MS Excel VBO: Copy and Paste Worksheet Range".

Found in 2 days, some "MS Excel VBO: Copy and Paste Worksheet Range" does not work: range is not found in destination range. We cannot re-produce the case.

Checked log, the source range and destination range is correct, but "MS Excel VBO: Show" is not executed before the Copy and Paste Action

In the action description, it shows

Office 2013 onwards
There are known issues when attempting to read and write data using the Excel VBO with the application set to run in background mode. These issues can be overcome by using the Show action

Would like to clarify is "changes is not saved" one of the known issues which Show action can solve.

Thanks!
Regards,
Alfred

------------------------------
Alfred Tang
Manager
Ernst and Young
Asia/Hong_Kong
2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Alfred Tang,

I've looked back through some notes, but there's no definitive list of what the "known issues" were. I'd say the best option is to simply try it. Alternatively, you can change the run mode of your VBO from Background to Foreground and see how that works for your situation.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply!

Currently my process calls the Excel VBO directly, so the Excel VBO's run mode is "Exclusive", as default. As it is used by many other process, I would not change the Run mode...
Seems the problem occurs randomly, that's why I would like to know is that one of the "known issues", to clarify if adding "Show" action can solve.

Anyway, thanks!

Regards,
Alfred

Alfred Tang
Manager
Ernst and Young
Asia/Hong_Kong