cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any limit for number of edge instances which can be launched by Blue Prism at the same time

JeevanR
Level 5

Hi Everyone,

Is there any limit for the number of edge instances which we can launch, we have a project built which was working fine until previous edge update, let me explain the scenario below:

• We use four different web applications in our project
  • All the websites need to be launched initially
  • Bot is able to launch 3 websites in separate instances properly but while launching fourth website it is opening a new tab in 3rd instance and loading the website
  • I have tried providing delays between each application launch but it doesn't work
  • This issue is happening while running the bot in control room, in debug mode it is working fine

Any help is appreciated

Best Regards

Jeevan R

Jeevan Rangaraju - AD01 Certified RPA Professional Associate Consultant Ernst & Young LLP Bangalore, India Email - jjeevan152@gmail.com
5 REPLIES 5

harish.m
Level 12

HI Jeevan,

In general I don't think it will be limiting factor,  since its new version of edge there might be possibility, since the bp version was verified against the previous versions of edge or chrome,

Below are the browser compatability for chrome and edge.

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/en-us/browser-compatibility.htm#:~:text=N%2FA-,The%20Edge%20browser%20extension%20can%20only%20be%20installed%20for%20use,based%20versions%20of%20Microsoft%20Edge.

which version of Blue prism you are using?

if possible Can you share how you are launching the applications?

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

JeevanR
Level 5

Hi Harish,

Thank you for the help, 

We are using 6.10.3 version of BP and MS edge version is 114.0.1823.43

Below is screenshot for flow, please let me know if you need more information.

35754.png

Jeevan Rangaraju - AD01 Certified RPA Professional Associate Consultant Ernst & Young LLP Bangalore, India Email - jjeevan152@gmail.com

JeevanR
Level 5

Can someone please help us on this, any help would be appreciated.

thank you

Is this happening only in Edge or in all browsers?

Does it always open a new 4th session in a tab of 3rd session OR just some times?

Also did you try the same in other machines with same setup?

Hello,

Are you using tracking ID for different instances? 

35759.png