cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue: Get Mail MAPIex from Shared Exchange Mailbox

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,  I have an issue where I am unable to get mail using MAPIex from a shared exchange mailbox. MAPIex pulls emails from the inbox using the default datafile of the outlook profile which it is using.  The normal way of sorting this problem is to create another outlook profile which has the shared mailbox as the default mailbox and logging in using this (/using this as the profile in the MAPIex "profile" value). However shared exchange mailboxes do not have passwords they are always attached to a primary account. This means that you cannot create a profile that has just the shared mailbox on it and you cannot set the shared mailbox datafile as default (has to be the primary).  The Question - How can get get Blue Prism to 'Get Mail' from a shared exchange mailbox? - How can we set the datafile of a shared mailbox to the default datafile of an outlook profile?  The Issue: - MAPIex uses the selected outlook profiles' default datafile to determine which inbox to "Get Mail" from - Cant set the shared mailbox profiles' datafile to default as a shared exchange mailbox does not have a password and must be attached to a primary account - The primary account is the default datafile Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks,  Jackson
1 REPLY 1

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi JacksonStaub I think one way around this issue, could be to create another Outlook profile (Post settings, show profiles, add profile, in controlpanel in Windows 7), which is configured to use a shared exchange mailbox and only that mailbox. You have the option to chose which profile is your default or that outlook can prompt you to choose a profile, when logging into Outlook. If you have to use different outlook profiles for different processes on your BP client, then you have to spy this box and choose the correct profile for that specific process. If you just have to use the newly created profile with the shared exchange mailbox on your client, then just choose that profile as the default. This outlook profile name you then specify as Blueprism MapiEx action ""Get Mail"" input = Profile and the subfolder in the shared exchange mailbox, you want to read from. This should solve your issue, theoretically. Good luck. BR, Mustafa