cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue re-attaching to webpage

VincentWatkins
Level 3
Hi All,

Just wanted to reach out and ask if anyone has faced the same issue and if so, how did you fix it. I am starting up a process by launching a webpage (works great). I then go through a few steps with the process of detaching and attaching popups (works great). However, once I have completed all steps of the process and want to refresh the site to clear any user details on page, I am running into an issue. I detach from the previous popup, attach to the main page (that I originally launched at the beginning of the process), press 'clear', and get an error regarding it not being able to perform that action. I am also getting the same error when I try to 'navigate' to the URL that I had originally launched in hopes to clear the details.. I have tried each of the two actions in this step of the process, but am encountering the same results.. error. 

Side note: pressing 'clear' works for me when running the action from the Object Studio. It is whenever I am calling it from the process, after attaching to the page, that I get the error..

Could it be because originally all of the fields were blank and it is having trouble identifying? Could it be a latency issue meaning I should increase my wait times (that are already at 3-4 seconds each)? 

Although it is probably neither of those, the main goal is to just remove the current data populated into the fields of the webpage by either pressing 'clear' or relaunching the site. Can someone please assist? 🙂

Thanks!

------------------------------
Vincent Watkins
1 REPLY 1

GopalBhaire
Level 10

What is the error that you get? Is it a attach issue or element not identified issue.

If it is element not identified issue I would suggest you Recover->Detach-> Static Wait->Attach and try again

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture