cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism Application Modeller Identify not picking up HTML elements

TaraMcGonigle
Level 3

Hello,

I am using BluePrism to automate ticketing allocation in JIRA. To do this I have managed to be able to launch Jira from Blue Prism but I cannot pick up the "To Do" column. The reason I want to monitor this field as when a new element has been created in this column it will trigger blue prism to start the automation.

This is the current setup in my application modeller, from here the launch button works correctly and brings up my Jira board as expected, no issues here:
20636.png

But when I try to do an identify for Element 1, I can only spy the entire webpage as shown below:
20637.png

If I go into the developer tools I can see the html that makes the "TO DO" section of code and it highlights as seen below which makes this seem doable from documentation I have previously seen:
20638.png
But I cannot get Blue Prism to highlight the individual element as it only highlights the entire webpage with no option of any buttons or other navigation. I also get an error when I select "Highlight" with Element one as it just picks up a generic webpage as apposed to the Jira site:
20639.png

I'm not sure if anyone has any suggestions to how I could bypass this issue and get BluePrism to identify the "To Do" Column as my process needs to pick up when new data is added to that column so the bot can access via the UI to take information such as ticket name and description to process.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!

------------------------------
Tara McGonigle
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Tara McGonigle 

Your error indicates the identification attributes are too 'loose' to identify the individual element you want and there are multiple elements on the screen that match the attributes you have set. You will need to fine tune the attributes to match the element you want to use, usually ordinal or match index are helpful in this scenario but unfortunately it will be trial and error with things to try and match the one you need. Alternatively you can try using a different spy method for the element you want to identify.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
NTTData
Europe/London

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi @Tara McGonigle

Try launching the web page via Blueprism instead of opening the browser manually. Attach to the application once launched and try spying usually these are the two resolutions I follow when elements are not being identified. Also you can use other spy modes like UIA mode as well.

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India
Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India