cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while Unlocking Objects Forcefully

AmitGupta
Level 2

Hi,

I am using Blue Prism on VDI and VDI is getting allocated dynamically whenever I login to VDI. I created an Object to do some testing for a particular application and in between the development my Blue Prism application got stuck and got closed. I restarted the VDI and tried to open my object which I created but I am not able to open the object because it is giving error message of already opened in edit mode. I tried to unlock object forcefully but still I am not able to unlock my object as it is still locked in other VDI with my Blue Prism account.

I am getting below error message when I try to unlock my object.

"There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first." 

35854.png

Please help to get the solution for this issue.

Regards,

Amit Gupta

3 REPLIES 3

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Amit,

I've faced this issue prior this is a known issue in Blue prism. This happens when Blue Prism is crashed or orphaned open instances of Blue Prism for an user. In order to Unlock the object it should be closed by the user who opened it.

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

Dear Amit,

If you have admin user by using the same try to unlock the object. if not, login to the VDI whatever object opened already. use the same user and lock the process

Note: As you mentioned your VDI is keep on allocating dynamically, then your using non persistent vdi's, Blueprism always recommended persistent VDI for automation

Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

harish.m
Level 12

HI Amit Gupta,

Here is the knowledge base article regarding this error, Looks like this error exist in BP 6.8 version onwards

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000079879-bpe-error-there-is-already-an-open-datareader-associated-with-this-command-which-must-be-closed-firs

Attached screenshot for the issues, As mentioned by other member it need to be unlocked by the original user.
35853.png

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]