cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Microsoft 365 – Outlook VBO

EasyBluePrism
Level 3

When I use SendEmail, I get the following error message:

"Status Code: 403 Result: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden."

In the "old VBO" SendEmail I had to define the following parameters:
- User
- Password
- SmtpServer
- Port
These parameters are now missing. I guess that's why I get this error message.

What is the solution?

In addition, the difference between "Mailbox ID" and "To" is not clear to me.

------------------------------
Patrick Brunner
RPA Engineer
Die Mobiliar
Europe/Zurich
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

expertcr
Staff
Staff

I think you were using it before the SMTP/POP VBO because the MS Outlook VBO does not require the user and password to send an email; you need to have Outlook already setup and running to allow sending an receive emails.

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

expertcr
Staff
Staff

I think you were using it before the SMTP/POP VBO because the MS Outlook VBO does not require the user and password to send an email; you need to have Outlook already setup and running to allow sending an receive emails.

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

Hello Luis

Thank you very much for your reply. That makes sense. The problem is that we don't have Microsoft licenses on our VDIs. This means higher costs. It would be good if there was another way.
Yours sincerely
Patrick

Patrick Brunner
RPA Engineer
Die Mobiliar
Europe/Zurich

Hi Patrick

Are you trying to use MS Outlook vbo - which does require local installed instance of Outlook (with licensing costs) or Microsoft 365 - Outlook vbo which uses Microsoft Graph to work direct with the Outlook Exchange server?

Microsoft 365 - Outlook vbo is worth looking into if not trying it - but requires and authentication app setting up - that gives the authentication token for the authentication action needed before trying any send actions. You would need to specify the Mailbox id you are trying to send from ie the Sender and "To" is the recipient of the email. It takes some configuration in the authentication app and possibly also on the exchange server but has been working well for us since moving away from pop3/smtp emailing.

Regards

Kirk

Kirk Russell Senior Robotics Developer
NHS Dorset

Hello Kirk
Thank you for your answer.
I use the Microsoft 365 – Outlook VBO. By the Authentication App you mean the Action Authenticate in the VBO Microsoft 365 Outlook, right? It's working.

The question is, what exactly must be configured in the Exchange Server? Where can I find the corresponding documentation?

Regards,

Patrick

Patrick Brunner
RPA Engineer
Die Mobiliar
Europe/Zurich

Hi Patrick

When we deployed the vbo - we followed the guide steps to set up an Azure AD authentication App with Client Secret, Tenant ID etc, the authenticate action in the vbo then connects with the authentication app to get the token to pass to the Exchange Server when requesting any actions.

Blue Prism Digital Exchange

We deployed using Application Permissions rather than user delegated access permissions. And the permissions are set in the Azure AD app.

We use a specific RPA email account as the Mailbox ID when sending and accounts may need setting to allow application access on the Exchange. "IT" made sure that was set for us and isn't something I know much about - but is done in Outlook 365 management/admin I believe.

Regards

Kirk

Kirk Russell Senior Robotics Developer
NHS Dorset

Thank you, Kirk, for this helpful information!

Patrick Brunner
RPA Engineer
Die Mobiliar
Europe/Zurich