Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with running the process by a scheduler

kaja.judyta
Level 3
Hi there!
I have this following issue:

We have a scheduler for the processes running on a resource pools. Blue Prism choose to start Login Agent on Citrix, meanwhile it has to choose one of the available resources in the pool to login a given user. After that it logged in successfully, although afterwards we are unable to run a process on the user. There is also no information in the logs.

Can anyone please suggest how it should be configured in order to make it work? 

Thank you!

------------------------------
Kaja
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Kaja - pools and login agent don't work well together. When you use a pool you're saying 'run my process on any machine', and because a pool doesn't know which of its members are logged in or logged out, it can't select a machine in the right state.

This article suggests a workaround but it doesn't sound very practical to me http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1168521882

Another workaround I've heard of is to use a different port for the resource PC that the login agent runs, so that each machine is registered twice (your screenshot suggests you've been experimenting with different ports). This will allow you to then create a 'logged out pool' and a 'logged in pool'. Again, it's a far from ideal workaround, but perhaps it will suit your needs.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi John,
Thanks for reply.
We use for each robot different port, so for example for PA901 we use port 8201. We cannot register the robot twice on two different Citrix resources, that's what I assume.
I tried with adding two resources into one Schedule for the robot PA902 (on the screenshot). It did not work out though. 
Thanks for any hints.

Kaja Nowakowska