cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Killing P comm via Utility and Launching again is not working

karthikshanmuga
Level 2
Hi  We are launching PCOMM via BP object and then killing the PCOMM/Host/ Mainframe application via Kill process utility function. It works successfully. Then if we try to launch the Pcomm via same BP object, Pcomm is not getting launched.   We narrow down the issue too. Until we close the BP session the PComm is not going to launch. So when we run from control room, we have to restart the virtual workers every time.  My query here is there a way to clear the BP cache during run time, so after Killing Pcomm and re launching will work without restarting the virtual workers.   Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

SachinJagdale
Level 4
You can just terminate it from Object itself by using Terminate/Close. No need to kill .exe file

AyeshaKhan
Level 2
Termination/Close was not working for us. What would happen is when we would try to relaunch PCOMM BP would become hung. What we are trying to figure out now is the following: How can we get blue prism to forget its attached to a PCOMM session before closing it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Karthik, Were you able to find a solution or work around for this? I am facing similar issue. Thanks Rajesh

DenizKilinc
Level 4
I am having the same issue with PCOMM Could you please tell us how did you proceed?

JeslinArmstron1
Level 3
Hi all, Greetings of the day ! Even I had faced a similar kind of issue.In my case,while launching the mainframe,I used to specify the file path and the session identifier i.e. A,B,C,.... So when I used the kill process activity,the process gets successfully killed but doesn't launch the next time. After thorough investigation we found out that the session was not getting launched because the session identifier got changed from A to B,but we were still trying to launch by passsing the session identifier as A itself. So the proper solutions are: 1.Avoid using Kill process utility and instead follow the step vise procedure to logout from the session and close the session. 2.And for more safety you can implement a recover resume stage and pass different session identifiers like A,B,C,.... 3.If this doesn't work,then before starting the process each time,kindly end all the mainframe process from task manger. Hope this is useful.