cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lauch application in Edge redirecting always to IE browser

Sasi_Kumar_Redd
Level 3
Hi Team,

When I try to launch the application in Edge browser through "Launch" action , it is always redirecting to Edge only and also tried manually with the "Open with Microsoft Edge" option from IE, even still it is redirecting back to IE only.

BP and Edge version: 6.10.2

------------------------------
Sasi Kumar Reddy ValipiReddy
IT
Aviva
Europe/London
4 REPLIES 4

ManishKumar
Level 7
hi Sasi,

Can you share screen-shot of Application Modeller.

Manish Kumar

AvinashRamkumar
Level 4

Hi Sasi Kumar, Could you please share the screenshots of Application Modeller settings? 

As part of initial troubleshooting, I would check the location of Edge is is properly set Eg: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe"

Avinash Ramkumar

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Sasi,

Firstly, IE Mode for Edge (i.e. website is rendered in IE compatibility mode instead of the native Edge mode) is not officially supported by Blue Prism at this stage, but we are in the process of validating it and hopefully we can certify a range of Blue Prism versions to work for it in the near future.

Secondly, it seems like your organisation may have implemented the site list for Edge. This would force sites to render in certain browser mode. See this Microsoft article on how this is achieved. You may have to reach out to your IT department in getting to know more if this is indeed the case.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

EVIPUTI
MVP
Its due to decommissioning of IE . Please see the article. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edge-learnmore-neededge

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------