cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching Internet Explorer

Graeme__Tacon
Level 6
Hi, I'm having trouble with a process I'm writing which is launching Internet Explorer (IE8). The launch is failing with '"ailed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Launch' on page 'Launch' - Launch failed." It appears to be because a 'Windows Security' window, asking for a userid/password pops up. If I run the process on a VM from control room, then it fails as above. When I try and run it from Blue Prism studio (on the same VM) and 'Step Out' at the launch step, then it works. Has anyone else experienced this ? Thanks Graeme
1 REPLY 1

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Hi Graeme, What OS are you running on the VM's? Are the user accounts logged in on the VM part of a domain and/or managed via Active Directory? Maybe try changing the UAC settings need changing. Control Panel > Action Center > Change User Account Control settings. Change this to the lowest setting. If this is the cause of the issue, I would recommend adding this to a group policy so upon a restart of the VM the setting retains its value. Are the user accounts that are logged into the VM restricted by any company policies that require a username and password combo to access the internet via a proxy or intranet? Thanks Tom