cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer has stopped popping up when running at control room

Lily.L
Level 5

Hi guys,

We have a web-based process involving Internet Explorer. We can launch Internet Explorer from both object and process studio.

However, when we try to run the process in the control room, the web-based Internet Explorer appears, but it's hiding after the screen which means does not pop up. I have to bring it up manually, so it can perform the tasks well, otherwise, it's terminated because of failure of spying elements and cannot perform tasks. I also have attached and "activate window" steps.

Can anyone explain what wrong with Internet Explorer and why it cannot be automatically pop up when running in the control room? And, how can I fix that problem when running in the control room?

------------------------------
Mia Mikela

3 REPLIES 3

LeonardoSQueiroz
Level 10
Hello,

Try using the "activate" action in the application before the actions you are using, this should solve the problem.

Regards

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil

Hi Leonardo,

I have used the attached action and "activate window" action before other steps, but it still has a problem. Thanks!

Mia Mikela

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Check that you've included a small pause, maybe 0.5s, after each Activate. Windows does not activate an application instantly, and sometime you can find that your automation is trying to execute the next step before the window has come to the front of the screen.

John Carter
Blue Prism