cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching and Attaching a PowerTerm Mainframe Emulator

Daniel_JebarajJ
Level 3
Hi All, Can anyone please help me in launching and attaching a PowerTerm Mainframe Emulator? I'm getting "Launch failed: Terminal Emulation - Could not load the dll - HLLAPI32.DLL" error when I try to attach it to an existing session. I've also added the file reference in the Path Variable under Settings --> System --> Advance System Settings --> Environmental Variables Thanks, Daniel
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I don't know if this article is relevant: https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/how-do-i-attach-and-detach-to-a… It says that only Ehllapi based terninals support the attaching to existing sessions. I might be that for your terminal emulator attach is not supported in how Powerterm has implemented it's hllapi interface. For some mainframe emulators you can only launch, not attach, and you can only have one object rather than multiple objects attaching in accordance to our best practices. The allow for multiple objects Blue Prism implemented the ability to have a shared application model - so you have one application model used by multiple objects.

Sankar_GaneshKo
Level 4
I'm also facing the same error.  We downloaded trial version of micro focus its working as expected. But out licensed micro focus hllapi32 is not working as expected.   Any luck