cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to attach mainframe session

RajeshRamlu
Level 2
Hi,
I am working on mainframe application (AS/400), In my senario I launch session A and session B, after performing some of the operation in session B I am reading some data and store in a data item, then I close session B, Now I want to write data item value in session A, When I running the code I getting error like "your program is not connected to a host session. Return code: (1)"
FYI : when I am detaching object manually and attaching again code is working as expected

------------------------------
Rajesh Ramlu
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @RajeshRamlu,

You have to attach to the host session from Blue prism  itself rather than doing it manually. Since you closed the session B, hence Blue Prism lost its touch from Mainframe application. In order to again start working on Session A, you need to attach to the application and then it should work fine.​

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

Hi Manpreet,

Here I am using two objects, for session A one object and for session B other object, So I launched session B and performed some operations and closed session B, Now Iam in session A, So here session A is already connected to object but when I am running getting this exception, So Iam trying to detach the application but there is no detach in mainframe, So could please help me with this.

Rajesh Ramlu

Hi @RajeshRamlu,

Yes you are correct, if you are using a separate object then ideally it should not get disconnected automatically. Now, if it is getting disconnected, did you try attaching to the mainframe using the windows title or the process name and child index combination?​

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte