cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM PCOMM- Mainframe System.AccessViolationException

PaulCurran1
Level 4

Hi,

I have a few processes that use IBM Personal Communications Mainframe Emulator, process has always been stable until recent months where the mainframe objects now fails to attach/launch when using more than one object.

For example, I have a general mainframe object for the fundamental launch/ terminate/ read/ write actions and then bespoke mainframe objects for my processes for any specific actions that I need om said system e.g. inputting specific fastpaths, scraping data, inputting data and so on.

From what I can see the initial launch stage from the general object works fine, it connects and as long as I only call actions from within that object all works okay however once I call the second object the connection flags false and attach(mainframe launch) fails and throws exception 'Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Launch' on page 'Launch' - Launch failed: Error from ConnectToHostOrSession: System.AccessViolationException: attempted to read/write protected memory'

Has anyone had similar issues and if so what steps were take to fix?

Thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES 3

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @PaulCurran, hope you're well! I see you haven't had any responses on this one, so I'm bumping it up to the top of the board for you. If you've made any progress in solving the issue, let us know here so we can give you up-to-date advice 🙂

Michael

PaulCurran1
Level 4

Hi @Michael Shillingford

No this issue persists intermittently.

The issue is exclusively when our mainframe object calls another mainframe object designed for process specific actions, the initial launch connection persists but when calling other objects connection flags false and 'Attach' fails to attach with above exception detail.

This is intermittent so I suspect this is something in the environment that might be causing same, its tough to get IT involvement without something specific that might be causing the issue.

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @PaulCurran, given that we're not getting any insight from other community members, this one might warrant a support ticket to see if the team can get to the bottom of the read/write error for you. If you haven't already, try reaching out to the team here: https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/home