cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Error

mahanteshIB
Level 2
Hi ,

I am travelling to install in my local system. I have got license key, but its showing "License Error" once I enter the activation code.
Can anyone please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mahantesh

------------------------------
mahantesh IB
5 REPLIES 5

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Mahantesh,

Thank you for your question.

We've seen a few users have miss-understood the steps to Activate your Trial / Learning Edition license.  We're improving this.

What we are typically seeing is user not activating their license on the portal, I'd guess this is what you are seeing.

1. After you install your license, you will need to activate it.
  2. Within the application, you should be given an activation code.
  3. This code needs copying to the Portal - https://portal.blueprism.com/products/activation
  4. Once you paste code into the Portal and click Submit License Activation (once), you will be presented with a new key.
    1. Note: Only click Submit License Activation once, it may not seem like it is doing anything
  5. Then, copy the new key (the new code on the web page) and paste that into the application to activate your license.

Clarification on the above steps, specifically knowing to copy a code from the application to the Portal, then back seems to have resolved issues we've seen.

Again, we are working on making this simpler to understand.

Chris Strong
Product Owner
Blue Prism

Thanks for the help Chris!

I believe the problem here is that there is no link in the customer portal menu to lead us to the page were you insert the activation code

11450.pngI think it would be a good idea to add that URL to the product menu in order to make the license activation much easier.
11451.png
Regards!

Lanford Gabriel Murillo

Hello Lansford,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We have improved the journey with the next release of Blue Prism, due out in the next month or so. The new changes should make it clearer in the application and navigate directly the right page to activate. 

We will continue to monitor the usage and feedback through forums like the Blue Prism Community.  If we still have confusion, we'll bring your suggestion into the mix to improve the journey further.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Hello Chris,

I have copied and pasted my license on https://portal.blueprism.com/products/activation. However, I still was not able to activate it, below is what appears after pasting the license. Could you help me sort this out? 
11457.png

Garcia Joao

Hello Garcia,

Error code 0x802 indicates that the license has previously been activated.  A Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition license can only be activated once, this is to prevent misuse of our licenses.

If you haven't previously activated the license, then I suggest you forward the license email you received from one of our Digital Workers to our support team via support@blueprism.com and they can confirm and advise further.

Alternatively, if you are using Blue Prism Learning Edition, you can request a new Learning License from our Digital Exchange.  Learning license currently allow for 90 usage of Blue Prism and we allow you to renew your license to gain an additional 90 days to continue your learning journey.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism