cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BenKirimlidis
Level 7

​Hi,

We tried to move a resource PC from PROD environment to another TEST (both Blue Prism Ver 6.2 and using Login Agent).

1. The PC was configured to connect to the TEST. So at this point it had two connections, one for PROD and one for TEST.
2. I remote into the PC, confirm the connection to the TEST is set up correctly and connect to it.  It appears in the TEST control room and shows as connected.  Great! 
3. I restart the machine to get it to default to TEST.  If it appears as 'logged off' I'll be happy. But it still defaults to PROD.  Appearing as 'logged off' in PROD and shwoign as 'not connected' test.
4. I remote in again, to make sure the last environment it logged into was test. It now appears as 'NOT CONNECTED' in PROD and shows as logged in and 'IDLE' on TEST.......weird....
5. I don't understand this.  But as soon as the PC is logged into it will appear in TEST, but as soon as it is logged off it appears in PROD.
6. I delete the CONNECTION to PROD and remove it from the pool of PCs in PROD as well.
7. Now it just appears as 'NOT CONNECTED' in TEST.  If I remote it, it connects no problem and I can see it form the Control room.  If I log out, it is no longer connected.

Blue Prism is installed identically on Servers PROD and TEST, and all Resource PCs have LoginAgent and Blue Prism installed identically.
There is 1 other machine in TEST that appears no problem.  There are 10 other machines in PROD which are also fine.

If a PC has configured connections for environment A and B, when that machine starts up it will appears as logged off in the last Environment it was connected to.

How do I get the PC to automatically connect to the TEST environment?

------------------------------
Ben Kirimlidis
RPA Developer and Data Analyst
PTSB
Europe/London
3 REPLIES 3

JoakimEklund
Level 6
Have you changed the Login Agent config file in C:\ProgramData so it has the right connection details?

/Joakim

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
To add to Joakim's advice, see below. Also check the r/w permissions on the file; occasionally I've seen it where permissions on the file are restricted to a particular user (the one who created the file) and other users cannot edit it.
26177.png

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi Joakim,

Unfortunately the config file​ is hidden and I cannot see it.  I have contacted our IT to take a look.  Hopefully this is just as simple as changing the connection details and there is nothing else I need to fudge around with.

I'll get this done and come back.  Thank you for the suggestion

Ben Kirimlidis
RPA Developer and Data Analyst
PTSB
Europe/London