cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent Change Password Problem

Orlando_JavierS
Level 4
hello good afternoon sorry for the inconvenience I wanted to consult a problem that I have that I can not solve. I have a login agent installed, since control room Login / logout works perfectly, now if I throw the ChangePassword process, it works, it changes my password, but once I finish the process when I login again from control room it doesn't take my password, and since the password generated by changepassword from blueprism, I don't know what password it is, it leaves me unable to enter the computer. Does the ChangePassword not update credentials stored in credentials of blueprism? Or do I have to do something to store it? The user account is domain not a local windows user. In credential I have Windows Login: NAMEMACHINE and the user with which you login. Thanks so much, I really appreciate your help becauase this is not in the documentation

------------------------------
Orlando Javier Sanchez
Technical Infraestructure 4
Ctrl365
America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires
6 REPLIES 6

DaveMorris
Level 14
Correct, the Change Password action does not update the credentials stored in BP's Credential Manager. Think of Credential Manager as an optional storage location that you can use if you choose to. There's a Change Password template process that should come with the release of Login Agent. If I remember right, that has an example of changing the password and then setting that value into Credential Manager. You'll need to use the internal business object 'Credentials' in tandem with the Login Agent object's Change Password action.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thanks so much Dave !!

Orlando Javier Sanchez
Technical Infraestructure 4
Ctrl365
America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires

I could not find the change password template process with my login agent release file. can u please attach that process in the comments ? or can u give me a link to download that ?

Zaki Usmani

The Login Agent release file comes from installing Login Agent.

Go here: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Installers

Install Login Agent (you'll have to pick a connection by inputting the connection name).

Then login to your BP environment and import the release that is here: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Login Agent\Login Agent Release.bprelease

If there's a machine that already has Login Agent installed, then you could grab the release from there as well. I hesitate to attach the release here because it may matter what version of login agent you have or anyone else who happens across this post.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA

I am not able to login to blue prism tool. It is showing incorrect username or password. Blue prism version 6.10.0.
Can you please help with it.

Ashwini Annapure

Apologies. I just noticed this post. Were you able to resolve the issue? If not, let us know if it is a shared Blue Prism environment or just one you set up locally.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA