cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent - Startup Listner After Reboot

MattDavis
Level 5
Hello, So I'm running BP 5.0.30 with Login Agent and for the most part it works great! However, I have an issue with when I restart the resource pc's for updates. When the VM's are restarted the "Blue Prism Login Agent" service starts (shown in event manager), however the resource PC's are still listed as offline in the control room. After I remote into the VM's and login, then logout I'm able to see the blue screen with white key that the resource is ready for a login agent connection.   Any ideas on how I can fix this so that the resource PCs are ready to connect on reboot?   Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

RonAng
Level 5
Maybe something worth checking is to make sure no account is logged-in when the VM is restarted. There are cases that VMs are set-up in a way wherein after a restart, a script (or anything) is used for account to automatically log-in.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi M - check in Blue Prism branch of the Windows event log, it might give you a clue as to why the login agent resource PC is not starting up after reboot.

MattDavis
Level 5
Good call, the Blue Prism log shows an error:   An unhandled exception occurred in Blue Prism: System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)    at Automate.UserMessage.Show(Control owner, String prompt, Int32 helpTopicNo, String helpPage)    at Automate.UserMessage.Show(String prompt)    at Automate.main.main(String[] args)   From what I've found on StackOverflow that's related to a dialog box being present? I'm curious if there was a security policy that wasn't correctly configured, but I don't have access to view that.   There are also some warnings that the User.config file failed to open for reading.

DenizKilinc
Level 4
Hi there, Could yo fix this problem? We are having the same issue but I cannot see why it happens.

MattDavis
Level 5
I believe we ended up upgrading BP versions which seemed to help the issue.