cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes

remko.bouwens
Level 5
Hey, does anyone have experience automating Lotus Notes (version 8.5.1). I'm using the BP 5.0.21. I'm having trouble spying pages/elements/applications in Lotus Notes. For instance, spying the login screen doesn't work. It gives me an error. It also doesn't recognize any applications within Lotus Notes. Surface automation (and sometimes sending in keystrokes) works, but I'm wondering if someone else has some tricks to avoid Surface Automation? Regards, Remko
12 REPLIES 12

remko.bouwens
Level 5
Hey, thanx for the advice. My issue isn't really with e-mails, but with using an application within Lotus Notes (SRS Acceptatie). This application is somehow connected to their database and we have to fill in a form with client information to send to the database (unfortunately there is no other way of doing this, besides using Lotus Notes). Data comes from e-mails (will use your advice above to read the e-mails, thank you for that). We can't interface with that application (except using Surface Automation), guess I'll start using that. Regards, Remko

haivu
Level 3
for IBM Team, we have had to use Verse instead of native Lotus Notes. There is already a Business Object developed to do lots of things with Verse inbox. Happy to guide further if your project is for IBM.

remko.bouwens
Level 5
Unfortunately this version of Lotus Notes is not made with Java. JAB is installed and I tested is, same results. Will look into Lotus script, might help. Thnx. @haivu: project is not for IBM, only have to use Lotus Notes in my process for a bit (starting point). How much is Verse different, might be helpful though.

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Hi Remko, Well even we are working on Lotus Notes. The only option is to use Surface automation. You'll have to figure out some ways to extract data. If we can connect on Skype (assuming you're from Accenture) then I can suggest a few possible workaround.

@remko, IBM Verse is webased app with an option of notes web interface which has the look and feel of native lotus notes. Since it is webased, you should be able to use BP. http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/ibm-verse

remko.bouwens
Level 5
@haivu: is it only for email, or also for application which connect with a database? @gopalbhaire: thanks for the offer. We have to manage with Surface Automation now, halfway there at the moment. Thnx for the input guys

@remko, unfortunately it appears to be for email only. For notes apps, they can be web enabled; however I believe there is substantial work required.

MatyasHorvath
Level 3
I had the same problem but it was working after trying with Notes Basic, instead of the ""Normal"" Notes.

john_white
Level 2
We have the same problem, error when spying Log in screen, for Win32/Assistance/Region modes - BP Defect? Email we can use the VBO (unsupported), but we're likely to need access to Calendars and Notes DBs/Applications also. @remko, have you made any progress? If not, have you raised a support ticket? Thanks John