cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIex - Move Mail

PeterTsigarides
Level 2
I'm having some trouble with the "Move Mail" function within MAPIex when using it on a VDI and after asking several other developers nobody else has any idea of what kind of issue this is. In our process we initially use "Get Mail" to pull the entire inbox into a 'Robot' folder which usually pulls around 50 emails. Each case is an email and once each case is worked, it will attempt to move the email from the robot folder into a 'completed' or 'exception' folder depending on the outcome. This isn't working, and it returns an error saying "Failure in Move Mail function in extended MAPIex..." etc. However, this function works when we run it locally on our desktop machines. It is worth noting we use a shared mailbox - when we run it locally we have our own profile Inbox and use the shared mailbox as an additional mailbox which works. When running on a VDI with a separate robot profile, the shared inbox is the robot's default inbox. As "Get Mail" works it is fairly safe to assume that it is not the entire function that is not working. It also works locally so the configuration must be correct, but is there a reason that would stop the "Move Mail" function from not working in this instance? We thought it might be something to do with the tier it is moving to as I believe it needs to be on a specific tier, but when running locally if there wasn't a folder with the name provided in the place it looks for it, a new one would be created. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
If it works fine on one PC but not another that indicates an environment or local settings issue.  Make sure you have the same version of Outlook installed in both environments, make sure the outlook cache settings are the same in both environments, make sure the user profiles have similar access, make sure there is no network issues causing problems, make sure 32bit Outlook is installed in the not-working environment etc.  

Venkata_Pranav_
Level 6
PeterTsig, Did you get a fix for this? I'd suggest you to use the latest Outlook VBO for this. It has limitations as it gets emails from only default inbox. Let me know if you found a fix for Mapiex VBO. 
Pranav

AmiBarrett
Level 12
@Pranavred - The box limitation is only by default. You can easily create a new action pointing to the (unpublished) action that actually does the brunt of the work and change the input value for the box number.