cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapiEX - Getmail action crashed application

Christopher
Level 5
Hi everybody, I'm pretty lost here, around 1 out of 3 times, when I get to my Getmail action in blueprism, the whole application (blueprism) crashed, I tried to screencap the error message from the debugger which is the only one I get. I cannot find any consistencies in the error, I've tried from different profiles, resources and so on. My only guess is it's because im running a 64bit version, and as far as I know, the mapiex is not supported there, but it's only a guess. Anybody else experience this?
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Diggs - do you mean Outlook 64 bit? Mapiex only works on 32 bit - this isn't a BP thing, it's just how Mapiex works unfortunately. https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/working-with-the-mapiex-vbo

Christopher
Level 5
Well, the OS is 64Bit, but according to taskmanager, Outlook is running the 32Bit instance. So guessing that's not the issue 😞

If the application crashes it is highly likely that your getmail action's code stage is actually running a part of its code and then blocks your application. This issue could have numerous reasons, but to name a common one: your opened outlook profile could not match the profile used in the getmail action. If you truly have no clue what's happening, you could enable logging with the configure MAPIEx action and look at which point your application crashes.

I had a similar issue and I saw that when there are no more emails in the folder, the action takes forever or crashes. Try listing out the available emails and only get those inside the loop. Regards