cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match index not available with UIA mode?

Martynas
Level 7
Hi,   I'm testing BP 6.2 on one of internally built applications with complicated GUI. New UI Automation mode works miles better/faster than accessibility mode, but I've come to an issue with match index. In short - there's two identical elements (type checkbox), so match index is necessary to proceed.    Documentation on UIA mentions quite clearly, that there must be an "Match index" attribute. Element was located via UI Automation Navigator  (not via button 'Identify'). Obviously I'm missing something here or that's some kind of a bug?
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I think that's a bug, I'll notify our developers. In the meantime, can you spy the same element normally, without the Navigator? Or, can you do a trick and spy some similar element using the mouse, and then change the attributes to match the element you want? I know that is a pain, but it could enable you to progress.

Martynas
Level 7
Hi,   Thanks John, that's similar to what I've done yesterday - found an element containing match index and copied it around. 

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
OK at least you have a workaround, even if it is a pain. But still, we should have picked that up in QA and I apologise for the inconvenience. I've raised the issue with the technical team.