cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Objects

StevenBlake
Level 3
Hi all, Got a frustrating issue when attempting to move a few objects within the studio - object hierarchy. When I move an object from a sandbox folder to a live folder, my processes which reference it all break saying Invalid 'Object - Action cannot be found'. If i then move the object back to the sandbox, all links are restored. We have got around it by opening the original object, saving it into the destination folder with a new name and then updating all the abject links in the processes to the newly named object. The original object is then retired. This does however seem very risky. We're fortunate in that the objects in question are small and the number of links we need to update are relitively few. Larger objects would cause us difficulty. I guess my question is...What is best practice when moving objects around and how do we stop the object links in the process from breaking? Thanks in advance Steve
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Steve - links should only break if there is a change in object (or object page) name, or if the object page is unpublished. One of those 3 things must have changed.

StevenBlake
Level 3
Thanks John. Appreciate the quick response. In the first instance i simply dragged and dropped the object from one folder to another and it still broke. I'm going to take a look at its published status now. Cheers Steve