cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ms Outlook VBO incorrect timestamps

HarshilMehta
Level 4
Hi, 

Blue Prism Ms Outlook VBO retrieves email with incorrect timestamp. Somehow it gets email with UTC timezone. How can I receive email with local time zone without any conversion? Is there any setting on App Server or DB end to fix this issue? 

36089.png

Regards,
Harshil
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Harshil Mehta,

I'm pretty certain that is not a mistake. It's the default behavior of Outlook/Exchange to present timestamps in UTC. Outlook presents times to you, in the UI, based on your timezone. I've tested this on my machine too and the timestamps of messages are based on UTC while in the UI they are shown to me in CST.

Cheers,
Eric​

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Harshil Mehta,

I'm pretty certain that is not a mistake. It's the default behavior of Outlook/Exchange to present timestamps in UTC. Outlook presents times to you, in the UI, based on your timezone. I've tested this on my machine too and the timestamps of messages are based on UTC while in the UI they are shown to me in CST.

Cheers,
Eric​

Devendra_KumarP
Level 7
Eric is right. Refer below article from MS related to time zone. you can retrieve emails and apply filter as per your local time zone. 
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/user-interface/how-time-zone-normalization-works-in-outlook
Devendra Kumar Prajapati RPA Manager Infosys Chandigarh, India