cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ms Outlook VBO incorrect timestamps

HarshilMehta
Level 4
Hi, 

Blue Prism Ms Outlook VBO retrieves email with incorrect timestamp. Somehow it gets email with UTC timezone. How can I receive email with local time zone without any conversion? Is there any setting on App Server or DB end to fix this issue? 

34932.png

Regards,
Harshil
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Harshil,

Since you are getting the timestamp in UTC timezone. You can simply retrieve the item and add the time difference to this in order to convert it into your Local Time zone. For example: if your time zone is IST, add 5 hours and 30 min to your UTC retrieved time zone and it will give you the desired result. Use a calculation stage and use: [UTC DateTime] + MakeTimeSpan(0,5,30,0) where [UTC DateTime] corresponds to the timestamp retrieved for converting to local time,

Another way to convert it is to use the Date and Time Manipulation VBO from Blue Prism where you can use the "Get Timezones" action to get a collection all available timezones and also get the respective time zone ID and then use that time zone ID as an input in another action for the same VBO which converts the UTC time to any local time based on the time zone ID supplied. You can find the asset here: Date and Time Manipulation VBO

However, I suggest to use the first approach as it is a lot easier to implement and as your own way you can configure it. Let us know if that helps to resolve your query.
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------