cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Item ID in Exercise 9.1.2

CaifengJin
Level 2
Exercise 9.1.2 Completing Items ï‚· Leave the Process at the Breakpoint and bring Control Room to the front. ï‚· Refresh the screen, either by pressing the Refresh button, on the drop down menu , or the F5 key. Notice how the first item in Queue1 is now marked with a yellow lock icon, . ï‚· Return to the diagram and pull the End stage down to make room for a new Action stage. ï‚· Select the Internal - Work Queues Business Object as before, but now choose Mark Completed from the second drop-down list. ï‚· Drag in one of your existing Data Items for the input value and press €œOK€.  Tip: Every item is given a unique ID consisting of a series of characters and numbers. This kind of ID is known as a Globally Unique Identifier or GUID. Why didn't I get GUID when I did this chapter? And I didn't see a yellow lock icon on the first item in Queue1.
3 REPLIES 3

david.l.morris
Level 14
Exercise 9.1.2 of what? Is this the Foundation Training? I don't have the training with me, so I can't verify, but it sounds like that GUID is just the Item ID of the Work Queue item. It is not a value you can see unless you get it using an action in the Work Queues Internal Business Object. Look at some of the actions and notice that some like 'Get Next Item' will output the Item ID. This is GUID that uniquely refers to that item. Does that help?
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi,

I would first suggest you to check if any items were added to the queue in your environment. the action "Add Item To Queue" helps you to add items from a collection to the work queue. The added items will be having a status called as Pending denoted by three dots in the Queue Management section of your Control Room.

Once added, whenever you try to retrieve any of the items using either of the actions, "Get Item By ID" or "Get Next Item" you will be getting the data stored in that work item in form of a collection with additional data items like Status, Attempts and Item ID. This Item ID data item is the GUID represents the item in the queue.

Also, the moment you execute this action, the item will be marked with a yellow lock status also known as "Locked" in the queue and it will stay in that phase until you either mark it as exception, or mark it as completed or simply unlock the item again to send it back to Pending status.

Hope it helps to clarify this concept.

------------------------------
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Automation Consultant
Blueprism 6x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com
------------------------------
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------