cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Files Of Same Process

Hi Folks,

For Example I have a Process - P1 in a folder called "Invoice Creation". Then I moved it to Production with the structure how it is Development server.
Now I made some changes in Development and changes the  folder name to "Payment creation". Now when I import new release, I am overwriting all the process and objects. But in PROD same process present two different folders one i s "Invoice Creation" another one is  "Payment creation".

If I am trying to delete from any one folder then its deleting from both the folder.

Any one please advice how can we fix this issue or if any faced earlier please tell me the solution.

------------------------------
Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo
6 REPLIES 6

JeroenOosterhol
Level 4
Hi,

You can right click the process in Studio and "Remove from group" from the old folder, which will basically remove the duplicate process

Jeroen Oosterholt
Automation Designer
DHL
Maastricht

HI Jeroen,

Thanks I will give a try and let you know.Thanks for you reply.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi Jeroen,

The solution you told only to move file from any folder to Default folder any way duplicate process still exist right.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Hi,

This solution works for me so I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. You have 1 process that shows up in 2 different folders and shares the same modification history, right? If you "Remove from group" the process from the folder you do not want and leave the other version be, you should end up with 1 process in the correct folder.

Jeroen Oosterholt
Automation Designer
DHL
Maastricht

As Jeroen mentioned, using 'Remove from group' should be what you need. The only reason the process or object would be then moved to the Default folder is if there is only one reference to it. If there are two or more references to it in the folders, then the one you 'Remove' will disappear and the other will stay where it is.​

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thanks All.
I understand your points.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix