cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object is opening as 'adhoc test'

MelanieFlynn
Level 2
Hi

I am running a process in debug and when I reach a particular object it is opening as 'adhoc test'

The object is not duplicated, it is not locked anywhere that I can see, and it is the first time in the process that the object is called.

I have closed all objects and processes and have restarted Blue Prism, and still this is happening.

Can anybody help me out with what is happening here, and what I can do to resolve it?

Thanks

------------------------------
Flynnie

3 REPLIES 3

CharlesTrott
Staff
Staff
Hi Melanie, 

My first impression on this is that the Action being called in the process may be referencing a non-intended action. Something that I've experienced with various builds is that the Name of an action, while auto generated at first, can become different from the action it's calling if changes have been made. I would recommend confirming it's the right published action by going into the properties of the stage, and if that is what you're expecting, right click on the action and open in Object Studio and see if it takes you to the expected object/action tab. If this is not happening, take note of which one it leads you to, and confirm in the Processes/Object tab of your that your intended action is still available, and hasn't been renamed, moved, etc. While the linkage between Process and Objects doesn't care about the folder structure, if a copy was made, or it was renamed you may run into problems like this during development. Hope this helps.

Charles Trott
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

siimg
Level 3
Hello Flynnie,

Quite old question, but maybe someone still needs some hints.
When I have BP/Windows crashed (on any machine within BP environment), after restarting some objects are still locked (although they are not open as visible windows).
16055.pngYou need to open them (and probably save if applicable) before using them. This usually sorts my "adhoc test" issues.

Regards,
Maciej

Maciej Glowacki
Developer
Sii
Europe/Warsaw
Regards, [FirstName] [LastName]

DaveMorris
Level 14
What version of Blue Prism is this? (Or can you mention if you resolved it?)

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA