cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check page numbers are displayed or not in pdf?

HarishM2
Level 6
Hi,

How can we check whether page numbers are displayed in pdf or word document ?

For  Word - I converted to html  Even though page numbers are  not displayed  in the document after opening it . the html code is givingthe page number. I know we can  get Header and Footer and find any numeric values are present or not? but the problem with that  is we can get False postive when the header  text has some numbers.  so the Word documne page numbers are not consistent, it may be header left. right. middle and the same for the footer.

For PDF - As mentioned above for word it is similar we can read the whole page  and find the numeric value but it will give false positive   so the page numbers might be present in the header or footer top - left, top - right, bottom - left, bottom -right.

Is there a way to get the page is displayed in pdf and word even the position of page number is not consistent?

------------------------------
Harish
RPA Developer
2 REPLIES 2

expertcr
Staff
Staff
Thank you for your message. for example: why no use region mode to read the info from the lower-left corner of MS-Word? Just using Region mode to read that info.
27766.png

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

As I mentioned the page numbers  are not consistent. it may be the bottom left corner in one document, bottom right for another, similarly in the top. each document page numbers  position may change.

So Basically we want to check whether page numbers are  dispalyed in word or not? not only on the first page need to check all the pages whether page numbers are displayed or not? Because some cases page number will start based on the Document Author discretion.

I tried using Header and Footer action in MS word , Although I know it will give false postive When I try to  check whether it is page number or not in some cases

But what I observed was I can only read 1st page header and footer not on the other pages  but Header and Footer will be applied starting from other pages as well like If I want I can start applied Header and Footer from 5th page and the same goes to page numbers.

Thanks,

Harish

Harish
RPA Developer