cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle VirtualBox Integration

Sudharsana_RaoT
Level 4
Hi, Is there any way to spy elemts of Oracle VirtualBox? I tried but not able to spy elements from VirtualBox. pls, some one help in spying elements of VirtualBox as I need to automate some applications which are running in virtual box. Thanks and Regards, Sudharsan.
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
If you are talking about interacting with the Virtualbox application GUI (the screen from which you launch virtual images) - then I have just checked that out an Accessibility Mode seems to work fine. If you are talking about interacting with a virtualized windows desktop presented by virtualbox - well that will obviously be extreamly difficult to do and will only be possible by using Surface Automation techniques - what you would be talking about is interfacing with a image, not the locally running applications.

Sudharsana_RaoT
Level 4
Thank you for addressing this.   yes, I am talking about interacting with virtualized windows desktop presented by virtualbox. Even to start wotking with Surface Automation as you mentioned, I am not able to attach the VirtualBox running process. I am getting an error ""Error - Failed to launch application - Could not open target process"" when ever trying to attach the running process.   Kindly provide me some guidance as I am doing POC for my clients.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
It is unlikely that launch will work in a straightforward way.  As VirtualBox will spawn a different process thread.  I would recommend that you look into how you might start your virtualbox image via command line (using start process) and then attach to the running vdi window. What you are trying to do is possible but extreamly difficult.  In the first instance I would engage with the environment/application owners to try to have an environment where Blue Prism is installed alongside the applications rather than accessing it via an image.  It will pay for itself in saved development time and license costs due to Surface Automation speed.  If you do need to interface with a virtual image I would recommend you seek out consultancy help from someone who has done it before.

Sudharsana_RaoT
Level 4
Thank you so much for your continues support. Sure I try to connect with people who has done it before.