cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Error When Reading Files from Inbox

John_Michael_Be
Level 2
Hi all,

I am currently encountering this error when I used the MS Outlook VBO object using the Get Items Received (Basic) action for the first time in Blue Prism Version 6.8.

Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.NameSpace'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063002-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks.
1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

KaranSareen
Staff
Staff
This error is being thrown by the target application i.e. MS Outlook. It could be due to the installation of the Outlook or some registry values getting corrupted. If you have not already tried it then I would suggest you to repair the MS Office and see if it fixes the issue.

------------------------------
Karan Sareen
Solution Support Engineer
Blueprism
Australia/Sydney

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

KaranSareen
Staff
Staff
This error is being thrown by the target application i.e. MS Outlook. It could be due to the installation of the Outlook or some registry values getting corrupted. If you have not already tried it then I would suggest you to repair the MS Office and see if it fixes the issue.

Karan Sareen
Solution Support Engineer
Blueprism
Australia/Sydney

Thanks for the suggestion Karan.

I used the online repair action for Office and after reinstalling everything, it has now worked.

John Michael Benedict Lingad