cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Process running but window appears "closed"

IgnacioGonzalez
Level 2

Hi everyone.

We've been facing some issues working with the Outlook VBO.

Currently our process sends emails after doing some procesing.

What happens is that, some times (not always), after sending the first mail, the outlook applicative window appears to be closed, but the process is still running on background.

I know that we could kill outlook and re start it on each iteration of our queue cases, but i would like to avoid that for now.

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

1 REPLY 1

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi Ignacio Gonzalez,  Do you have snippets of what exactly is going wrong in sending these emails, also is it recursive sending email requirement one after each other or a single email?  if its recursive and sending update after every item processing I am sure you are using sleep stages to let the processing complete gracefully as its usually in quick time but some times servers do take their own time.

The outlook VBO uses Outlook Interlop library - by leveraging the "Send" method in the Outlook Interlop library through Mail Servers which helps the triggered  emails to be send in the background. Additionally I would build a safeguarding around the send email action to ensure it only fails when mail server doesn't get fully restored.

35402.png

Regards

Mukesh K

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar