cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path of saved screenshot by Exception stage

PrajjwalRai
Level 5
Hi

I wanted to know the file path where Exception stage saves the screenshot. Also, is it possible to give our own path for the same?

Regards
Prajjwal

------------------------------
Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer
Schneider Electric Private Limited
7 REPLIES 7

DaveMorris
Level 14
The Exception stage screenshots aren't saved to the file system. They're saved to the Blue Prism database in a table called BPAException.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Exactly, the screen capture is stored and encrypted in the database.
But I was looking into this functionality yesterday and in my local DB (v6.5) the table is named BPAScreenshot. Perhaps it differs between versions?

/Joakim

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm

Sorry, that was a typo. I was thinking about the word Exception while trying to type the word Screenshot. The table is BPAScreenshot.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your response. I have used the screenshot functionality and i was able to see encrypted screenshot in BPAScreenshot table. I have requirement to export the screenshot for a downstream consumption. Is there a way for me to decrypt the image and save it onto file system?

raviteja chintala

I would suggest you to check the link below if you want to save screenshots on exception. Just call this VBO actions inside the recovery logic to capture the screenshot.

https://rpatools.com/2019/02/playing-with-screenshots-and-clipboard-images-blue-prism/

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
+6594554364
https://www.rpatools.com/

I'm not 100% sure, but I would guess the image is encrypted with the same encryption key/scheme that is used by the app server by default. So, if you have access to that encryption key then yeah you could do it. I guess you'd have to determine what decryption capability you have. There's an Encryption VBO and an Internal Business Object, but if you're not running a process to do this then you'd need another way. I don't really know much about encryption/decryption. I just know that a key is needed, and yours is stored either on your app server or in your database, depending on how it was set up. The recommended way is to store on the app server(s).

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA

Hi Dave,

I have gone through the VBO's, and the DB.

I am able to find the encrypted screenshot in the DB ([BPAScreenshot])
I am also able to find the encrypted Key in the DB. ([BPAKeyStore])
However, the Encryption VBO has output as text.

26790.jpg

So not sure how it can save the image. May be a custom code will help.

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
+6594554364
https://www.rpatools.com/