cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prioritise Process when all Licences are in use

Hello,

Is there any functions I can use in BP to prioritise a particular reporting process over other running processes. Let's say I have my process scheduled to run against my main resource pool. It will fail if all Licences are in use at the time, what is the best way to ensure that process is run?

I have looked at the Dynamic scheduler process but this would require all processes to run through this and make significant changes to what is already in place.

Thanks for any help
Connor

------------------------------
Connor Tickhill
Consultant
TWHG Limited
Europe/London
3 REPLIES 3

ManasJena
Level 6
Hi Connor,

I think you can leverage the Que management option with priority high ,medium and low . Those are represented by number 1,2 and 3 . Let me know if you need more on this.

Manas Jena
Sr Analyst
ZimmerBiomet
America/New_York

ChristianPanhan
Level 6
There is no option to prioritise processes. First come, first serve.
You can only prioritise Working Queue-items.
Therefore you need to stop a running session to be able to start your reporting process.

Christian Panhans
Digitalisierung
BCB AG
Europe/London

JorgePalacios
Level 2
You could make use of the 'Stopping Time' session variable to set a finalization time for the first process. The downside of this is that there might be unworked cases left.

You could also go to System - Scheduler and configure the maximum amount of time a scheduled process will wait the license to be free.

Hope this helps 😃

Jorge Palacios
Developer
Dirwa
America/Mexico_City