cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when identifying elements of an application

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, I can not identify any elements of an application. Using the identification methods, I can only detect the main application window. the characteristics of the application in which I detected this problem are as follows: - .Net Framework - WPF - XAML Is there any different method than usual to be able to identify something else beyond the main window?
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Firstly, it is worth ensuring you are attached to the correct process. Some applications have multiple process threads running in task manager and connecting to the correct one is important to be able to interface with it. WPF is a new type of application and product changes were required to be able to interface with them. Checking the Blue Prism release notes I can see that version 5.0.23 has a change item that says ""Blue Prism is now certified for installation on Windows 10. This includes support for launching and spying ""Windows Apps"" provided in Windows 10."" I would therefore suggest that you need Blue Prism 5.0.23 if you want to interface with these kind of apps. Beyond that, your get out of jail is to use Surface Automation techniques - which are a lot easier to use robustly in version 6. Also, a new release of v6 expected over the next few months will include a new Microsoft UIA interface that may improve the interface options with these kind of apps.

UdayArikatla
Level 4
I'm using 5.0.30 version now and not able to spy the application built on -.Net Framework - WPF - XAML   Should the downgrade of blueprism to 5.0.23 resolve the issue or Surface automation is the only solution?   Please advise.