cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Launch of Mainframe

PetrKavalek
Level 2
Hi Everyone, I am in need of help how to launch mainframe application through Quick3270 emulator (version 2.5.0.0). I found following article: https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/knowledge-base/how-do-i-configure-quick3270-emulator-work-blue-prism but it doesn't work. 1st) I don't have dll EHLAPI32.DLL in the program files. I tried every dll there, but non-works (some of them even let to "automate.exe" stopped working error.. 2nd) Pre-requisition is version Quick3270 v5.0.2 and higher, while there is 2.5.0. I don't have admin right to install newer version Normal users are executing .ecf file, but I am unable to set it up anyhow in blue prism application wizard. Can anyone help me? I tried already all BP users I know and no solution. thank you very much, best regards, Petr
2 REPLIES 2

PetrKavalek
Level 2
Sorry for my late update. We have raised this to BP support and answer was pretty clear: The only method we offer to support the Quick3270 emulator software at this time is via the EHLLAPI interface. If you are not able to use this interface then the errors that you are experiencing will be due to this. Blue Prism does not currently offer an interface to connect directly to the QHLLAPI DLL. Thus, we needed to use another emulator in order to launch mainframe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I need info on Emulator, As per my requirement i need to work on the type of TN3270/Tn3270E Connection type emulator . I tried application type as IBM (COM API) and IBM(HLLAPI) and Generic HLLAPI but it's not connecting and triggering error like : Error - Failed to launch application  - Launch failed: Terminal Emulation - Could not load the dll - PCSHLL32.DLL Please help on this.   Thanks, Madhu