cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native Messaging Host (Blueprism.MessagingHost.exe) launch delay (Edge Chromium)

flavio.lara
Level 5

Hello All,

We are upgrading from Blue Prism 6.10.2 to 7.3.1, but We've encountered an issue with Microsoft Edge Chromium and the Native Messaging Host (Blueprism.MessagingHost.exe).

Automation that normally worked in 6.10.2 generates an exception when launching in 7.3.1 in Studio Mode. The exception is: Could not open target process. I've checked this article, but in our case, the problem has a different cause: BPE error: "Could not open target process" when launching or attaching to an application in the Object Studio : (blueprism.com)

I noticed it's caused by the fact that BluePrism.MessagingHost.exe takes a long time to load. Under my account, it's about 20 seconds. I've tried changing the Messaging Host Detection timeout parameter inside extension options, to 30 or 60 seconds, without success.

If I start MS Edge using a "Utility Environment::Start Process" action, wait for BluePrism.MessagingHost.exe process, and then attach my object to the website, everything works fine.

I've checked the Troubleshooting browser integration (blueprism.com). No item suits my case.

I've checked the BPE error "The browser extension was not detected" when attempting to launch a browser based (Chrome, Firefox or Edge Chromium) application : (blueprism.com) trying to find some clue. Without success here.

Changing this parameter in Automate.exe.config didn't work as well.

flaviolara_2-1729000544022.png

Has anyone else come across this and found a solution? 

Thanks in advance,

0 REPLIES 0