cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with collection indexes

AndrzejKaczor
Level 4
Hello,
I am developer with 3 years of BluePrism experience and I am using the BP since version 5. Right now in our environment there is version 6.6.0.15260.

Right now I am developing a big robot for good several weeks and things start to break. I've encountered several strange behaviours with collections and their indexes.

1. If I copy the collection using calculation stage, then they become 'entangled' - it seems like there is only one index for both of them.

2. If I cope and paste the "box of collection" then the same happens.

It creates problems in many places. For example:

1. If I copy the global collection to local page, and loop through the local one, then the global one becomes unusable (It's looped through, so you cannot directly call data from there)

2. If I try to use the collection with fewer amount of rows, then sometimes an error ("Index out of bounds").

If needed, I can record a movie of these problems. Did anyone else encountered situation like that? Is there a workaround?

Best Regards
Andrzej

EDIT: I've exported and reimported the process and it really got fixed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

------------------------------
Andrzej Kaczor
RPA Developer
Arla Foods Ltd.
3 REPLIES 3

VivekGoel
Level 10
Hi Andrej,

Glad to know that your issue fixed by re-export and re-import. However, did you manage to get the root cause for this issue?

Apart from BP version difference, I couldn't see any possible explanation to this. 

Appreciate if you can share your findings.

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
+6594554364
https://www.rpatools.com/

Hi Vivek,
My guess is that the indexes for collections are not well designed. There is no way to investigate that with the process studio - there's not feature for that.

My guess is that if you copy and paste collection, then they share the index.

I think that if you export process to xml, and import it, then the indexes are recreated correctly.

Best Regards
Andrzej

Andrzej Kaczor
RPA Dev
Arla Foods Ltd.
Europe/London

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
When you "copy" collection with calculate stage, blueprism should create an actual copy. What you are getting, sounds like it does assignment instead, as if you were doing dt2=dt1 in the code instead of dt2=dt1.Copy(). This is really strange indeed, but sometimes can be desirable.

We are not on BP 6.6 yet, but I've never seen this behaviour in previous versions.

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow