cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with attaching to mainframe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am currently trying to run a process in an Attachmate Reflection emulated mainframe system. My problem is that I can easily attach when stepping through the process - but when I try to run it, it does not work (it actually goes past my attach stage without going into recovery mode, but it is not attached). To give a little context, I am using two seperate business objects to work with the mainframe - one is first typing in information, and after som type the next object (the one that's failing) attaches and continues the process. I thought the problem could be that both objects could not attach to the mainframe at same time - but even though I make sure that the first object is detaching from the mainframe, there is no difference. I hope that someone is able to help me with this problem. Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

samuel_a_thomas
Level 3
Hello, I am trying as well to launch mainframe application. But is it a reflection mainframe . I try to define as a windows app because I found an "".exe"" but even if the mainframe in launch, in spy mode I cannot capture properly the environment. So I need to define it as Mainframe but I have only "".rsf"" file to launch it. Could you tell me how do you configure the app wizard in your case ? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can manually launch the reflection mainframe application and attach it by configuring it as a widows application which is already launched. However, when I try to spy it using Win32 mode, the SPY grids doesn't appear. Is it because BP is identifying the application as a windows application and not as a mainframe application?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The Mainframe Automation Guide and the articles in the knowledgebase (some of it mainframe emulator specific) contains some great information. Prishant - the mainframe grid will only come up of you select that your application is a mainframe applciation, otherwise the hllapi interface will not be initialised.