cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process crashing sending emails with MS outlook VBO

WilliamHillman
Level 2
Hello all, 
I am working with the Blue Prism MS Outlook Email VBO. At the start it was working fine and quickly sending emails with attachments. Overtime it has got slower and now only works one item before freezing on the send email action. I am not raising any errors or exceptions so I assume this is an issue with the outlook interaction. I am currently only loading 19 items to the queue at a time and I have been marking them as exceptions after it crashes to prevent conflict re working.
Any help on this issue would be appreciated, thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @WilliamHillman,

Has anyone taken a look at the OST/PST file to see how big it is? Are emails being purged after a while or archived?

Cheers,
Eric​

WilliamHillman
Level 2
Thank you for your response @ewilson.

After more troubleshooting I believe the outlook crash was due to another action I was calling after the outlook vbo that was causing it to freeze on the second loop around.​ Placing that action ahead of the send email action somehow solved my issue.

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@WilliamHillman,

Are you using the latest MS Outlook VBO available on the Digital Exchange, or are you using the one included in the Blue Prism software installation?

Cheers,
Eric​

WilliamHillman
Level 2
@ewilson I am using the latest from the digital exchange. The structure of my process was causing issues. Calling the SSH.NET VBO before and after the MS Outlook VBO in my loop was creating problems for outlook. Playing with the order of these actions got it working.

Thanks, William​