cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Architecture Diagrams - Visio Stencil

LauraKeane
Level 2
Is there a visio stencil available for creating the BP architecture diagrams as per the "v6 - Reference Guide - Infrastructure"?
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
No.  Why would you create your diagrams in Visio when you can use the Blue Prism studio?  In Visio you would not be able to identify elements etc...

The idea is to draw architecture or infrastructure diagrams using the same images / icons as in the Blue Prism vendor literature and documentation. For example icons to represent BP server, Runtime Resource, robotic user and so on.

Would be great if you could offer a Visio stencil for such purpose for Blue Prism customers. Please let me know if there is anything available meanwhile, as we are interested into that as well.

Thanks & Regards

------------------------------
Alexander Bopp
Business Automation Engineer
Credit Suisse AG
Europe/Zurich

Hello @AlexanderBopp,

As Denis mentioned, there are no Visio templates available at this time. I'd suggest you submit an Idea for this and we'll see if we can get Marketing or Tech Writing to put something together.

https://community.blueprism.com/innovate/ideas

Cheers

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Carol__Ouellet
Level 5
This is a good idea to me, I'd like to have a stencil too and have some sort of standard.
I submitted the idea, go vote or add a comment if something needs to be specified.
Idea Details - Blue Prism Community Site

Carol Ouellet
RPA Architect
IBM
America/New_York

Because that would make BluePrism Studio yet another silo of process information - and I already have far too many such siloes. I want process specifications to be transportable across platforms - not hidden away in BluePrism. where they arte not accessible to anything else.

Ian Glossop
Enterprise Architect
Ian Glossop Enterprise Architect

IanGlossop
Level 2
This is a good idea for me too. We use Orbus iServer and Visio to capture our Enterprise Architecture - including the business process and IT architecture. This means as a preference developing business process maps - and extended business process maps -  in Visio - whose shapes are then interpreted into 'objects' or 'entities' in iServer. It would be ideal if BP Studio did something similar with Visio diagrams developed in accordance with the BP Stencil (or BP + Archimate stencil), or BP + BPMN stencil, or ...) Some standard diagram form for representing processes as a Visio Stencil that BP understands.

Ian Glossop
Enterprise Architect
Ian Glossop Enterprise Architect