cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process level access v6

AjayGhodke2
Level 3
Blue Prism added new feature in it's v6. In this it says we can add process level access to particular user only. How to do this ?
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Multi-Team Environments was implemented in 6.3. I saw in your other post that you're on 6.2, so you'd need to upgrade to at least the next minor version of BP to use it.

Also, I would suggest coordinating your efforts with someone from Blue Prism or a consultant because I would not consider implementing MTE a simple matter. I'm not saying it's the hardest thing ever, but it's going to take some planning to ensure that various teams have access to the right common objects/processes as well as having the level of permissions needed and stuff like that.

------------------------------
Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, I think what you are talking about the Roadmap of features that will be in v6 rather than what is already in it?  Group Permissions is what you are talking about and it is still in development, reference the release notes to see what is in v6 so far.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Can you be more specific about which version of BP and which update you mean?

AjayGhodke2
Level 3
I'm talking about Blue Prism version 6. I heard that in this update we can restrict developer to view and edit only his process not others. Here i'm not talking about developer group because in group we can give access to all developers.I want to restrict each developer from accessing others processes. i.e. developed by other developers.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Are you talking about potential future functionality, rather than something currently in 6.0, 6.1 or 6.2? Check the Release Notes section of the Portal but I'm sure the feature you describe is not yet available.

AjayGhodke2
Level 3
If this functionality is not available in current version of BP then can we do this through some mechanism may be script or from database. Can we restrict developers from accessing other processes. Or by any other way.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Currently there is no way to add that restriction, but there will be in the future.

Hey, how about now? Maybe it is already implemented? Which version?

Multi-Team Environments was implemented in 6.3. I saw in your other post that you're on 6.2, so you'd need to upgrade to at least the next minor version of BP to use it.

Also, I would suggest coordinating your efforts with someone from Blue Prism or a consultant because I would not consider implementing MTE a simple matter. I'm not saying it's the hardest thing ever, but it's going to take some planning to ensure that various teams have access to the right common objects/processes as well as having the level of permissions needed and stuff like that.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA