cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process stuck as "Stopping" or "Not Responding"?

SimenAakhus
Level 3
Hi people, I have a problem with one of my processes that was run on a Runtime Resource (virtual machinge) being stuck in "Stopping" or "Not Responding" in Control Room. I have tried: - Immediate stop - Restart Runtime Resource Now I cannot do anything with the process, it is simply stuck. I am using BP V5.0.23 on Windows10. Have anyone experienced anything similar? What is best practice to stop "Wild" processes? Best Regards, Simen
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Are you sure you have no infinate loops within your process that could be causing this. The most likely cause would be exception handling that catches an issue and loops back to earlier in your flow forever. The first step is to analise the logs to find out exactly where the process is looping or what the last line in your log file is. The other potential cause could be an issue with the system you are interfacing with - if that system has crashed in some way and Blue Prism is stuck waiting for a response from a read stage or something. The most likely solution for that would be to use Global Clicks where the problem is occuring rather than button clicks/presses.

It was related to the MAPIEx issue (hanging on Send Mail). Thanks though!

eric_laurent
Level 2
Hi Simen, How did you finally fixed it? I face the same situation now. Thanks for your help, Regards, Eric

Carol__Ouellet
Level 5
Would be great if Simen could share what he found. We currently have 14 processes that are stuck at ""Stopping"". At first it was preventing the scheduler to run the processes again but I have deleted that schedule and re-created it. This have made it possible to run those processes again via the scheduler but they are still showing as ""Stopping"" If someone knows how to change that status that would be great. Not sure if that will interfere with other things.

Hi, I don't think I managed to 'solve' the issue. I restarted the Resource, and I rescheduled the process, but the process it self was stuck in 'Stopping' I think, and eventually it changed to 'Stopped'. It might be a Blue Prism bug. Also; Whenever a process does not complete, the schedule seems to become ineffective - that is I have to reschedule the process for it to be run again. I think this is another bug by Blue Prism. I am using v5.0.23 on Win10. - Simen