cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process with "Pending" status on schedule

RaúlHernández
Level 5
I€™m having some problems with the scheduler in BP.   I configure a schedule in BP with 5 process to run one after other, at 7 pm for example. The first process (Login from Login Agent object) run and finished with €œCompleted€ status. After that, the second process to run stays with €œPending€ status and the schedule stays waiting for a manual action.   Can you help me to understand why the second process does not run automatically?   Note: if I click on the second process and select €œstart€ option the process run and the schedule continue working normally.
3 REPLIES 3

ryanamiller
Level 5
There needs to be a delay in your schedules between the Resource Machine going from a 'Login Agent' stage (blue key icon in the control room) and the 'Runtime Resource' state.  Unfortunately, the current schedule design in Blue Prism necessitates 2 schedules to achieve this:    1. Schedule to run the Log In process   2. Schedule a few minutes later to run the other Processes We typically set Schedule 2 to run 2-5 minutes after schedule 1   The other issue you could be running in to is that you're not providing any necessary Input parameters in your schedule's task

NicholasBell1
Level 3
Ryan has answered this well. A pause between tasks option on the Schedule would be useful - although you could achieve the same with a simple Blue Prism process that sleeps for 5 minutes after the Login and incorporate that into the schedule if you didn't want 2 separate schedules. 

DarrenO_Brien
Level 2
Actually, we run this very well in our organisation.  You need to make sure for the second (and subsequent) scheduled processes in the schedule that the next process is selected to start.  I have enclosed an image for this.  We also make sure that the ""Fail fast on any errors: box is deselected, as this causes the schedule to fail.  After the last scheduled process is run, choose ""Abort"" from the dropdown box to complete the schedule.