cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing to Control Room on Import

MattDavis
Level 5
I've been running into a problem, where processes are published to the control room when a release is crated but once importing to our production environment the publish to control room flag comes unchecked. The problem is we try to limit the ability to have edit access in production, so no one has the ability to check that flag in production. We've even tried exporting processes to xml and finding the publish flag and making sure it's flipped to true before importing to our production environment.   Is this a bug with Blue Prism or am I doing something wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!
6 REPLIES 6

syed.viqar.raza
Level 4
Hi, while importing release BP prompts popup below process is at published stage, do you want to publish. Make sure you select Yes, it should work and should be in publish status. 

MattDavis
Level 5
Hmm.. I haven't been getting that popup/prompt on importing. I'm using Blue Prism v5, is that a new feature for v6?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
It definitely also exists in v5.  If your process is published in the environment you export it from you will get the publish dialog question when you try to import it into another environment.

MattDavis
Level 5
We'll I'll keep my eyes out for it. I haven't seen that dialog box, and have verified by going into the process xml that the publish flag is set to True. Maybe does it only prompt you for that when you import a release and not just a process xml?

MuraliKumar
Level 3
We are facing a similar problem. We exported all our published processes from our 6.2.1 DEV environment into an ad-hoc release. When we import this release into our UAT environment, none of the processes are published. We cannot afford to publish each process one by one in our UAT / PROD environments. Is this is a bug in BP 6.2.1? This used to work for us in BP 5.0.30.0, but does not work in BP 6.2.1. We did not see any prompt or option asking us to publish a process when doing the import. Has anyone found a solution yet? Thanks

MuraliKumar
Level 3
We found the issue. It seems to be a bug with creating ad-hoc releases. If you create an ad-hoc release which has processes, then BP does not seem to preserve the published status of the process when importing into another environment. To get around this issue, we ended up created a Release package first (via Releases -> Package Overview -> New Package) and adding all processes to the package. Then we create a new release from that package. This way, the Published status is preserved when importing the release into another environment. Hope this helps