cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about run modes

HarshWardhan2
Level 2
Hi Team,

I have a query on run modes, Can anyone please explain the significance of the run modes that are available.

I have one object which i am using in two process which will be running at the same time, Do i have to make some changes in the run mode of that object?

Thanks!

------------------------------
Harsh Wardhan
RPA Dev
TCS
bangalore
2 REPLIES 2

VivekGoel
Level 10
Run Modes: They basically determine the exclusive ownership of system resources by the object.

An exclusive run mode doesn't let any other object run with it at the same time. That means, if any process employs an EXCLUSIVE object, that process can't have more than one instance of it running on the same machine. Or that machine on which the process is running, can't accept any other processes at the same time.

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
https://www.rpatools.com/
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

david.l.morris
Level 14
You'll need to set your object to be background mode if it needs to be called from two different processes running at the same time on the same resource.

You can use Foreground mode for one or more objects in one of the processes but not both.

And you will need to make sure no objects are set to Exclusive mode in any of the objects called by either of the processes.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA