cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Stage - Mainframe - DoubleByte Unicode Characters

JanPiwowarski
Level 4
Does BP in Version 5.0.18 support storing characters which require double byte character sets (eg Unicode or non-ASCII characters)? I want to read within a mainframe object a string containing special characters like (ä,ü,ö) but BP recognises a question mark. Need help!
5 REPLIES 5

DariuszSzywala
Level 2
Hi Jan, reading a string containing special characters like (ä,ü,ö) within a mainframe object works well with BP 5.0.18, but issue appear in write stage. At the moment I don't know if there is any soluttion for that, but I can show you some workaround - logic, which allows to replace special to internatonal characters.

JanPiwowarski
Level 4
Hi salogelus, can you explain how it works with BP to read within a mainframe object? I get always a question mark for special characters. Are there some special settings? My Settings in Application Modeller: DLL --> ehlapi32.dll DLL Entry Point --> hllapi Calling Convention --> Windows API Session Identifier --> A Appl.Manager Mode --> Embedded (Default) I read within a read stage with the help of dynamic coordinates, depending of the Position within the Grid of the Mainframe Emulator. In addition I would be glad if you could present the Workaround for writing and replacing. Thanks!

DariuszSzywala
Level 2
Hi, Unfortunetely, issue during read stage also appeared on my side 😞 and I don’t have any solution for this problem. Maybe someone else has some experience regarding this issue?

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Same here. Although it worked using clipboard, it didn't when using direct Read/Write stages.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
For the first question about double byte characters. Blue Prism v5 does support this, I think there is some kind of option during database creation to turn it on (it will double the sizing requirement of the Blue Prism database). For the question mark being returned is not something I have heard of before, maybe raise this with the support team.