cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a .bprelease file

MahiG
Level 2
Hi there,
I am looking to read a .bprelease file and extract logging level set for process/object and process validation errors details. Could anyone share your thoughts?

Thanks,
Mahi 

------------------------------
Mahi G
6 REPLIES 6

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hello Mahi,

If you're after a count of the number of logged stages within a process or an object individually, you can generate that Report from your Systems tab through System > Reporting > Logging.

Harpreet Kaur Product Consultant

Hello Harpreet, 

Thanks for your response.

My aim is to interact with the XML content of a .bprelease file and identify the logging info and validation errors details. Any thoughts? Please shout if you my requirement isn't clear. 

Cheers,
Mahi

Mahi G

Hello Mahi,

You can try DX solution: Process for Automated Reviewer - Digital DA

Cheers,

Manish Kumar

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Mahi G,

Take a look at this VBO on the Digital Exchange:​

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/utility---blue-prism-release

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @Mahi G,

You can easily read the xml using XML VBO and create logic to identify the stages having logging enabled/disabled/errors only. Blue Prism uses the below logic to identify if the logging is enabled or not:

<loginhibit /> --> This means the logging is disabled
​<loginhibit onsuccess="true" /> --> This means logging is enabled but only for errors only.
If there is no node related to loginhibit, then it means the logging is enabled for that stage.

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

EVIPUTI
MVP
I will prefer getting this data using database as it is easily available. If its still needed from XML one can use XML object provided by Blue Prism with support of string operations to filter the tags , You have to find a pattern for your requirements like say for exceptions this is the <exception type= keyword. so simply read XMl and filter this tag out .

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------