Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read only Particular Data In Excel

Vikash011
Staff
Staff
Hi All, 

I want to read only particular data from excel to collection. I have attached the template sheet screenshot. The highlighted in yellow is the value I need to read. 

36354.jpg
2 REPLIES 2

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hello Vikash,

3 ways come to mind to achieve this:
  1.  If the excel strictly follows the same pattern i.e. the cells you want to read will never change position, you can start a collection loop, use GoTo <cell> and read it value and capture it in the collection field, Then go to the next cell bottom or right and keep looping through until you've covered the desired area. The logic build may take some time while writing it in blue prism studio but once set it should be fairly quick.
  2. Get the entire excel into a collection and then use collection manipulation actions to find your values and transfer those into a separate collection.
  3. IF the location is not going to be fixed you can simply write a macro and call it via the Excel VBO.
Regards
Harpreet

EVIPUTI
MVP
1) Get Worksheet as Collection Offset ,only selecting the columns you want with infinite rows.
2) Delete Empty Rows .

Or

1) Get Worksheet as Collection
2) Read All Fields from Collection
3) Loop All Fields from Collection | Decision stage-->  Delete what is not required.
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------